CBCA Book Week 2019
Theme: Reading is My Secret Power
Dates: 17 - 23 August 2019
The CBCA Book of the Year Awards are announced each year on the third Friday in August. CBCA Book Week commences the following day.
Here are some ideas to celebrate this Book Week in style:
1. DIVE INTO YOUR NEXT GREAT READ: The CBCA list of notable and short-listed books reads like a red-carpet honour roll of amazing writers and illustrators. It’s full to bursting with terrific titles, charismatic characters, and spectacular stories.
2. FIND YOUR BOOK WEEK PARADE COSTUME: Choose from your favourite characters from the books you love and imitate the look.
3. DISCOVER AN AUTHOR . FIND OUT THEIR SECRET POWER! We have some of the best writers and illustrators of any country in the world living right here and creating magical worlds for us to explore. So, check out your school library, ask friends for recommendations, scour bookshops and talk to teachers about the authors they love.
4. CREATE YOUR OWN SUPERHERO STORY: Get inspired and create your own story. Have fun with imagination and give your creative side a boost.
5. SHARE THE LOVE FOR BOOKS: Share your ideas with your friends and family to make reading AWESOME again!
August kit contains up to four Creative activities each for 5+ and 8+ age groups. For the younger kids we have Build Your Own Box Robot, Dig Your Own Glow in Dark Shark tooth fossil, MYO Wind Chime & Trinket Box and Sand Art Bottles Replica. For the older ones we have Solar Metal Racer, Glow In Dark Shark tooth , MYO wind chime & Trinket Box and Sand Art Bottle Replicas. Order Yours now!